Continental Western Group has an immediate opening for an Assistant in our Executive Offices. The Executive Assistant will develop and demonstrate an understanding of our Company objectives, key activities and requirements in order to anticipate and proactively address the needs of the Executive team. The person selected will provide support for several Executives, including the President, Chief Financial Officer and at least one Vice President.
The primary responsibility of this position includes scheduling and organizing complex activities such as:
· Meetings – work with multiple calendars in IBM Lotus Notes; independently initiate contact regarding availability for meetings, conferences and company activities; provide meeting details and call in information for off-site attendees; prepare meeting agenda
· Travel – book air travel for all employees; make hotel reservations; arrange for ground transportation; reserve meeting rooms if needed
· Conferences – schedule meeting room or conference location; arrange travel to and from conference; provide necessary materials for attendees
* Department or Company events – assist in organizing events; contact necessary vendors; communicate event details; enter event on executive calendars
This person will also perform general clerical duties including preparing, modifying and sending documents including the President’s notes, general correspondence, reports, memos and emails; open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence; photocopy, fax and email as needed; handle requests for information and data; and maintain supplies for Executive office area, including Executive Boardroom and servery.
Required qualifications include:
· 3 years administrative/secretarial experience, preferably in the insurance industry
· Excellent PC skills including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
· Proficiency with scheduling and maintaining multiple calendars, preferably with experience using IBM Lotus Notes
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters
· Ability to present and conduct oneself in a highly professional manner
· High-level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multitask; prioritize/organize assigned tasks and process time sensitive materials
Desired qualifications include:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
* Ability to thrive and think creatively and calmly in highly fluid situations and under intense schedules, pressures & deadlines
* Highly adaptable to ever changing priorities
* Experience dealing effectively with a variety of personalities, while maintaining a professional and approachable, calm demeanor
* Patience, flexibility, and being personable are characteristics that will serve the individual well
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you have the qualifications we seek, please forward a resume and cover letter:
Continental Western Group
11201 Douglas Avenue
P.O. Box 1594
Urbandale, IA 50322
fax (515) 473-3021
phone: (800) 235-2942
Continental Western Group participates in E-Verify and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Berkley Insurance Company by its member Continental Western Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment.